Sunday, February 28, 2010

Up in the Air


All these things annoy the average human, but to me there all thrilling and exciting. Why you ask? Well, because all these things involve travel- my favorite thing in the world. I travel almost every month, whether it is visiting family, visiting friends, or exploring a new culture. Often time’s people complain about security lines and long delays, but to me it’s all a part of the travel process. Waiting on the DFW runway for six hours because they don’t have enough plane de-icer’s makes for a good story, being stuck on the runway in Paris because an A380 plane can’t move because the engine broke also makes for a good story etc. I could write a novel on travel stories, and while in the moment I may not have been happy, I can’t help but laugh now. I think that people need to find humor in these situations like I do. I mean air travel is probably the coolest thing of our time. Traveling four thousand miles in just eight hours is incredibly remarkable, and we need to think about that each time we fly. The fact that I can wake up in Chicago, and go to sleep in Paris is surreal to me. If it weren’t for creative people like Amelia Earhart, or the Wright Brothers, we still might be crossing the ocean by boat. Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment