Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I Laugh?


The weather has been a bit crazy the past few weeks here in Dallas, Texas…wouldn’t you agree? Just two weeks ago, we had 1.5 snow days. WHAT?! Having grown up in the harsh winters of Chicago, I’m quite used to heavy snowfall. However, when SMU cancelled classes due to a foot of snow, I had to laugh. I was expecting howling winds, snow up to my waist and temperatures so cold you can’t breathe. Well, all I got was a foot of snow and some slush the next day. While it was a lot of snow at one time, I feel like the second biggest state in the country, and one of the biggest metroplexes in the country should be prepared for all weather. But, much to my surprise when watching the news, Dallas County does not have one snowplow. Now I know its usually a lot warmer this time of year, but that just doesn’t seem practical. You’d think there would be if not several, at least one snow removal device. Instead, they decided that sanding the roads would be the smartest idea.

Now I won’t continue to ramble on about the snow day, because I did enjoy my time off from school. My point is that with the weather changing all around the world, every city that has had any history of snow should have at least one snow removal device.

No comments:

Post a Comment