Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Safest House in the World?

The other day I was catching up on some news on Yahoo!, and I came across an article about “The Safest House in the World”. I was immediately intrigued by the title, so I clicked the article to find out more.

It started out talking about the excess of houses these days from home theaters to a plethora of bathrooms etc. It then started discussing the cool features of this home that made it so safe. The entire house sits above a virtually impenetrable garage that can hold six armored cars. It also has two panic rooms and two architecturally hidden rooms. This to me seems a little crazy. The house is already knee deep in the Hollywood Hills, but to add several panic rooms?

While I understand that the world is a scary place, and people need to be safe- this house went a little crazy. I believe that this house was created as shock value, and really doesn’t serve any useful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment