Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I Would Reform

Lately there has been a lot of discussion about reform in the news. Healthcare reform, political reform, economic reform etc etc etc etc. Well, there are a few things I would like to reform.

First off, I would like to reform Park n’ Pony here at SMU. They are the ones responsible for ticketing and booting the cars here on campus. While I’m all for people obeying by the rules, they need to change how they go about punishing people. For example, the other day I had a ticket on my car because I was four minutes late. What?! I think that they should start with a warning, and then see if you’ve been a habitual violator in the past. If not, then your punishment should be different- a lower fine, no ticket etc. Also, another way they can fix their parking problems would be to make more spaces available for students and commuters. The garages fill up so quickly, and sometimes you can’t find a spot and are forced to park in a meter spot.

The second thing I would want to reform is the public transportation in Dallas. I know they have the DART (trains and buses), but they should make an underground subway system. I spent the last semester in Paris, and getting around the city was so easy and convenient. Here, the DART is at least a car drive away, and the locations aren’t plenty. Dallas is such a spread out city that it would serve it so well to have an underground system where you could easily hop on at Highland Park Village, and end up at Northpark, SMU, and Uptown etc.

I’m sure there are more things that I would want to reform, but these are just two “dreams” err, I mean issues that would be better reformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment