Monday, March 1, 2010

When Is Technology Too Much?




If you ask the typical college student, or anyone for that matter, what technology they use on a daily basis you’ll probably get the following: cell phone, computer, iPod, TV, GPS etc. To me, these are all standard pieces of technology that advance our lives forward. However, with the new introduction of the iPad, and the previous release of the Amazon Kindle, I think technology is going a little too far.

Nothing quite satisfies me like opening a good book. The smell of the pages sets my nose on fire, and I can’t wait to turn each crisp, new page. So tell me, why would I want to settle into bed with a cup of warm tea, just to turn on a kindle or an iPad? While the idea of these devices sounds amazing, I think that some things like a good book need to stay the way they are.

With this world changing so fast, I think we could all benefit from taking a break from exposing ourselves to new technology, and keep and enjoy the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment