Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Schadenfreude


scha·den·freu·de
   [shahd-n-froi-duh] –noun: satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

This word, of German descent, is basically why people watch YouTube videos- well certain videos involving EPIC falls, “eating shit”, or dressing like a clown and banging your head on a TV while rocking out to Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”. We all love a good laugh at someone elses misfortune. Why else would videos like “Scarlet Takes a Tumble” have close to 12 million views?! It’s just too funny not to watch.




Just a few days ago my friend sent me this video. (click the word video to watch...wasn't able to embed). Needless to say, I was laughing so hard I thought my stomach was going to break. I couldn’t contain my laughter and kept watching it on repeat, over and over and over and over. And, it NEVER got old. Why on earth do people post these videos? They must know people just mock them endlessly. I then sent the video to my friends, who also couldn’t contain their laughter. It’s only 38 seconds, but 38 seconds of pure anticipation and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment