Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shatterbox



Just recently, my friends sister Amanda launched a website called Shatterbox. Like many recent college grads, she wasn’t sure what she wanted to do with her future. After trying several different jobs, she realized she wanted to inspire people. She decided to get inside the minds of people who loved their jobs, and were happy to go to work each day, and wanted to find people who creatively found their passions. Enter Shatterbox- an online video based community of people sharing stories of inspiration and innovation. In times like these, it’s difficult to lose sight of your passions and settle for something you don’t really want to do. I believe that when people lose sight of their dreams, they lose themselves. With Shatterbox, people can create online profiles and network with other users about how they found themselves and their careers.

I spent well over an hour watching all of the videos on the site, and I truly felt inspired. It made me stop and think how I want to leave my mark. Do I want to work in advertising? And if so, what field? What if when I graduate, I don’t want to work in advertising, will it be hard to find something else? While the website doesn’t answer these questions, it makes you stop and think about your own state of happiness. I think that this website is a great stepping-stone to thinking outside of the box, and finding your inner passion. How will you make your mark?

I’ve decided to post a few of the videos that inspired me below.

Viktoria Harrison from shatterbox on Vimeo.



Jason Rueger from shatterbox on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment